Kids Room Cleaning Tips
Keep House Clean With Kids
Make a Clean Room Checklist for Children
Telling children to clean their bedrooms or pick up the living room can overwhelm them. Rather, make a specific checklist of small tasks for them to follow. For example:
- Keep stuffed animals on your bed
- Put building blocks in their container
Make Picking Up a Habit
Teach your children to put things away as soon as they’re finished using them in their room. Sure, once they get really deep into a game of make believe, all bets are off. But you can still make it a routine to put all their trucks away before dinnertime or make sure their stuffed animals are in the bed or toy box before they get tucked in for the night.
Add Some Excitement to Cleaning
Being a kid is all about having fun, so it should come as no surprise that tedious chores, such as tidying up, will bore them to tears. Keep them engaged by creating clean-up games for preschool kids and older kids, too. There are limitless ways you can do this, including:
- Making it a roleplay game in which you and your child are professional housekeepers
- Playing a silly song and challenging kids to put all their toys away before the last note
- Having your kids put away items by color
- Holding a contest in which the first child to put away all his or her toys gets to pick what movie you’ll watch later
Use a Reward System
Sometimes figuring out how to keep your house clean in Redlands ,Yucaipa with kids calls for some positive reinforcement. Like many adults, most children like working towards a goal and feeling as if their efforts are being recognized. Here are a few ways you can reward your kids:
- Allow them 15 minutes of screen time for each task they complete, such as making their beds, loading the dishwasher or walking the dog.
- Change the Wi-Fi password daily and provide it after they’ve ticked all the boxes on their clean room checklist.
- For younger kids, hang a chore chart on the wall and let them place a fun sticker next to each completed item. (You can find plenty of chore chart ideas on Pinterest.)